BLOSSBURG, Dec. 19 — Blossburg V.I.B.E. (Visions in Business & Entertainment) announced the winners of the Light Up the Holidays house decorating contest after judging displays in five categories Sunday night. The judges followed every street in the borough to find the best decorated homes. “We had a hard time deciding this year,” said judge Jill Nickerson, Blossburg V.I.B.E. vice president. “We were very excited to see how many homes and businesses were beautifully decorated.”
- Best overall/whimsical: Mike & Jill Choplosky & Brenda Overpeck, Davis Street
- Most Christmas Spirit: Amy & Robb Bowens, Johnson Street
- Victorian: Rita & Lawrence Larson, 154 Davis Street
- Modern: Peggy & Tom Watkins, 104 McIntyre St.
- Best business display: Momma’s Restaurant, 104 Gulick Street
Several of last year’s winners were all beautifully decorated again, particularly the Window Box Flower Shop on Main Street. The Victoria Theatre, although gorgeous, is not eligible because owner Tonya McNamara is president of V.I.B.E. Honorable mention goes to Taber Townhomes for a beautiful neighborhood display.
Best overall/whimsical: Mike & Jill Choplosky & Brenda Overpeck, Davis Street