BLOSSBURG BOROUGH RESIDENTS ONLY!
SPRING CLEANUP WEEK FOR BLOSSBURG RESIDENTS ONLY!
MAY 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2016
Items for pickup should be put out on Saturday or Sunday night, April 30 — May 1, 2016. All items must be out by Tuesday night, May 3, 2016. All spring cleanup items will be picked up by Friday, May 6, 2016.
If you do not place at curb or — if items for free pickup are mixed with weekly garbage, it will NOT be picked up.
Please remember to comply with the requirements. If any items are not picked up, you may telephone the Borough, with any questions.
The following list is what must be followed as the Borough must comply with rules at the landfill, also.
- NO TIRES (new rules from state: only certain stickered vehicles allowed to take tires, this is not a Borough rule).
- LIMIT of two (2) pickup truck loads of trash per household.
- NO WOOD such as remodeling materials unless cut into short lengths and bundled so that ONE person may pick up. NO WHOLE BUILDINGS.
- GRASS AND LEAVES: If you have leaves from yard cleanup, place the leaves and grass cuttings in a separate container — bags, etc. IF STONES, ROCKS, STICKS are mixed in with grass and leaves, they will not be picked up.
- BRUSH MUST BE CUT OR BROKEN INTO SMALL PIECES WHICH MAY BE EASILY
- METAL MUST BE SEPARATE.
Refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioning units will be billed at $5.00 each due to regulations at landfill.
If requirements are not met, free removal will not be available to you.
Any questions? Please telephone the Borough Manager at 638-2452.
This project is very costly, so your cooperation is needed if